eLSST UW OpSim Database
You need to set up a database to hold the operations output table. The names 'db_name' and 'opsim_table' name below are placeholders for what you describe. The opsim1.29.sql file available here will expand to output_opsim1_29 unless you alter it. The UW cronos92.sql file available here will expand to pointing_meta unless changed.
- Start your mysql server.
- Log into MySQL as the root mysql user.
- Create a database for the opsim output (You only have to do this once).
mysql> CREATE database db_name;
- Grant permissions to a user to access the table. (Again, only has to be done once)
mysql> GRANT all on db_name.* to user@localhost identified by 'passwd';
- Input the database file into a mysql instance (from your shell).
$> mysql -u user -p db_name < lsst_db.mysql
- Now you should be able to query the table from within mysql.
$> mysql -u user -p db_name
mysql> select * from opsim_table limit 0,10;
If you need more detailed instructions on how to install the database into your version of SQL, please contact krughoff at astro.washington.edu.